SELECT A RESEARCH TOPIC
- Write about something that is important to you and
allow plenty of time to think about it.
- Familiarize yourself on the issue through newspaper
articles, books, the internet and talking with others.
- Document all the resources and include them in your
- Be creative in how you write about the topic.
DRAFT AN OUTLINE
- Organize your thoughts and think about the flow of the
- Back up your position or arguments through concrete
- Have a teacher, librarian, friend or parent review
your first draft.
- Have them pay special attention to the organization of
the paper, the supporting details and elements that donít make sense to
- Update your bibliography.
- Have a teacher, librarian, classmate or parent review
your paper for mechanics (grammar, spelling, punctuation).
- Read the paper out loud.
- Make sure that the paper explains the topic and gives
concrete examples of how it is pertinent to you and your community.
Relax! Know that you have done your best on your research paper
and it is ready to submit.